Mindful Leadership Workshops
a new approach to development for staff and teams
For organizations that want a smaller-scale experience of Pathways to Change
Workshops, whether 1-hour or 1-day, are designed to meet the specific needs of the organization using relevant elements of the signature PTC program. Workshops also integrate coaching, neuroscience, mindfulness and mind-body principles for a unique and transformational approach to development.
Mindful leadership workshops may be virtual or in person (safety permitting) and like PTC, are designed to address both the wellbeing and leadership capacities of a group or team.
Leaders and staff, particularly those working for social change and justice, are at risk of burnout now more than ever.
They need a new way of leadership to support and sustain them through the challenges of an increasingly volatile and uncertain world.
Mindful leadership calls for an inside-out approach to development, helping leaders and staff access greater awareness, self-regulation, adaptability, authenticity, connection and purpose.
By offering mindful leadership workshop, an organization begins the process of investing in both innovation and the well-being and growth of its people.
Who are mindful leadership workshops for?
· Organizations and teams wanting an introduction to mindful leadership development
· Organizations and teams looking for support around stress and burnout
· Staff who want to invest in their growth
Mindful leadership workshops draw on the PTC framework for building natural leadership capacities. PTC integrates coaching, neuroscience, mindfulness and mind-body principles for a unique and transformational approach to development.
A variety of stand-alone workshops can be created from the 5-module framework.
- the brain and nervous system
- how we change the brain
- what awareness is and how it helps the brain
- tools for greater awareness & working with emotions
- why self-care is critical for change, and how to improve it
- the basics of sleep, diet and exercise for brain support
- how stress affects the brain, and how to work with it
- the importance of support, compassion and self-compassion for the brain
- tapping into strengths, values and purpose
- why authenticity matters
- tools for building confidence
- the power of agency
- what affects decisions, including emotions
- how to improve decisions
- how to support action and self-control
- how prior modules relate to mindful action
How it Works
Mindful leadership workshops, whether in-person or virtual, meet many learning styles. Workshops may use a variety of methods to educate and engage participants, including individual and group coaching methods, presentations about the brain and nervous system with visuals, guided integrative practices, small and large group discussions, interactive exercises, and questions for self-reflection.
Workshops may be delivered in-person (safety permitting) or virtually in a stand-alone or series of live Zoom meetings. They can vary in structure and timing according to organizational needs.
Kind Words from Workshop Participants
“[People I lead] have noticed the positive impact Pathways to Change has made in my professional and personal life… Thank you so much for providing this life-changing course for us!”
“This experience helped me to pay attention to my internal awareness and to gain the ability to connect with others.”
“Everything we did made sense and helped me to truly relax and learn… Jen is one of the best presenters. She is calm and sweet and has a good pace… The time flew by.”
For further information on mindful leadership workshops, please contact me for a free consult to ask questions and discuss your organization’s needs.